Tuesday, February 20, 2007

JetBlue Update

JetBlue has released their "customer bill of rights" just days after the whole "sitting on the runway for 8 hours" debacle. I think this was really important to their image restoration. If you read the article, it says that their shares fell 6 percent after that whole mess. I'm not much into the stock market, but goooooooo...that's probably not good. I think the most important part of this whole article is the final quote from David Stempler saying JetBlue's "heart was in the right place, but their head was not." Personally, and this is just me, I prefer someone acting on heart. I mean, compassion is what makes us human right? Don't get me wrong...I would have been realllllllly furious to be sitting on that plane for 8 hours, but I would have probably forgiven them if they gave me a free flight and then came out with this "customer bill of rights" thing. People make mistakes...I understand that. I'm pretty impressed with JetBlue, I think I might look for them more when I have to take a flight. Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another article you might be interested (from Business week) ... it even has a section on the "PR Offensive."

Dr. Trammell
Grady College, UGA